Springtime in Ohio

I am enjoying my time in Ohio. It is still very cool here, but the spring flowers are blooming and the trees are budding. And it smells very green -- the smell of the earth coming back to life after a cold winter.

Today, Andrew, Jennifer and I visited their friend Joan at Indian Lake. We spent the afternoon playing bridge -- it was a wonderful day despite Andy's and my bad luck with the cards. Here are Jennifer, Andrew and Joan on Joan's deck:

Andy and I:

I took a walk along the Olentangy River near Andy's house yesterday. It was beautiful!

Andy and Jennifer's house:

A magnolia in bloom. Glorious!
Tomorrow I pick Wendy up at the airport and we will head to Baltimore. Our two weeks at Nancy Crow's Timer Frame Barn will officially start. I can't wait!

Comments

Unknown said…
The picture is a Star Magnolia, not a dogwood, sorry. Joan
love the blog!!!
Jaye said…
I am so envious of you and Wendy...and Nancy to come!! Have a great time and come back with lots of stories...and fabric! Jay
Cathie said…
There truly is nothing more beautiful than spring in Ohio. I grew up there.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. You should try the glue gel resist - it is so fun - I'm doing more today only this time I'm using word stencils and leaf stencils. Have fun at Nancy's!!
Heather Pregger said…
Oops! That is a star magnolia. I have two of them in my yard here in Texas -- you would think I would recognize it! Thanks, Joan!