I haven't really abandoned my blog...

It just seems that way.

We've had company for the past week. Brian's brother, Bruce, has been in Fort Worth for a series of meetings, so he has been staying with us. He arrived last Saturday and he's had lots of time between his work obligations, so we've had lots of time together. Here he is at the Fort Worth Water Gardens:

Before he got here, I was busily longarm quilting, dyeing 11 yards of fabric and working on two new fiber art pieces. And working in the garden. Here's one of my favorite roses:

Since Bruce went home to Maryland, I've been mostly in pain. Yesterday morning, while slicing fruit, I cut off the tip of my right index finger. 3 stitches later, I'm having trouble doing mundane things like sew and, especially, type. So please forgive any typos here, and I'll report back when I have the use of all 10 fingers again!

Comments

Good to know you're still around, Heather! OUCH on the finger slicing! Hope it feels much better soon.
Fannie said…
ouch!

take care, heather. enjoy your weekend.
Jaye said…
I didn't know you had injured yourself!! I really feel for you...not being able to do the things you want to do! Hope you get better very soon!!!