Vacation!

Brian and I are just back from visiting our best friends at their summer house in Northern Wisconsin. It was blissfully cool! And beautiful.

The girls (Elena, Carolyn and Emily) enjoyed tubing:

The adults enjoyed the sunsets from the deck:


Which is perched high above the lake:

And we also enjoyed boat rides:

And the floating dock down at lake level:

Brian and I took a day and visited Marquette, MI, on the shores of Lake Superior:

And I especially enjoyed revisiting the Negaunee Fire Department. During my senior year in college, on the annual geology department spring break field trip, I visited several mines in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Bad weather (cold and a very nasty thunderstorm) forced our group to seek shelter in the Negaunee Fire Department. They were kind enough to let us sleep on the floor of their garage. I'll never forget it:

Comments