Friday, March 11, 2011

Dallas Quilt Show

Wendy and I went over to the Dallas Quilt Celebration today. We had a wonderful time -- we did a little shopping, saw some wonderful friends from Houston (Sharron, Lonnie and Kathleen, it was so good to see you! I'm glad we had a chance to spend a little time together!), and admired the quilt exhibit.

I had entered three quilts in the "Master Art" division, and was very excited to see that Block Study #2 had won an Honorable Mention:


And Syd's quilt, "Procrastination" also won a ribbon. Her grandmother pieced the eight-pointed star blocks, Syd put the quilt together and I quilted it. It was entered in the "Group" category:

I bought some indigo dyed fabric and some silk scraps in a wonderful assortment of colors. I'm feeling inspired -- time to get upstairs and to get to work!

6 comments:

Quilter In Paradise said...

congratulations on your ribbon! I'm going tomorrow.
Beth in Dallas

Heather P said...

Thanks, Beth! Enjoy the show -- there are some beautiful quilts on display!

Jay said...

Way to go girl!!! We are off to Big Bend/Davis Mts. so I won't be able to get to the Dallas show this year...love your work!!!

Heather P said...

Jay, have a wonderful time! I love Big Bend and the Davis Mountains. See you when you get back!

tx.ranger said...

Congratulations on your ribbon, Heather! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Mary Ann Littlejohn said...

Congratulations. Way to go!

Sign up for my studio newsletter