Catching up once again...

I realized this morning that it's been nearly six weeks since I've written a blog post.  So it's time to catch up.

We were in Spread Eagle, Wisconsin the last week in June, staying at our friends' lake house.  The weather was fairly cool -- a nice respite from summer in Fort Worth:


When we got back to Texas, the spider lilies (hymenocallis) were in full bloom.  For nearly mid July, our yard is still unusually green:


We went all out with the Independence Day decorations.  Our neighborhood parade (a procession of decorated cars, dogs in costumes and kids on bikes, complete with a non-marching band in a flatbed truck) starts in front of our house so we wanted to be in the spirit:


Inside as well as out:


As far as work goes, I was in the groove until we left for Wisconsin.  Working on my latest Big Figure quilt.   However,  I've been avoiding my studio since we got back from vacation,  spending my mornings puttering in the garden and my afternoon either reading, running errands or doing housework.  

On a sad note, my aunt and a good friend both died last week.  And a college friend the week before.  Part of my creative funk, I'm sure.

Comments