Thursday, May 9, 2013

Ruins #4

Ruins #4,  44" x 65"
This top went really quickly!  I started it last Monday (4/29) and finished it today.   I wanted to get it done before I left for Ohio -- I'll be there for two weeks and hate to have a nearly-completed project on the design wall when I leave.  As always with my work, there are parts of it I like and parts I would work differently. What do you think?

I'm linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday, Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday, and Richard and Tanya Quilts Link a Finish Friday.  Go see all the wonderful work there!

12 comments:

Susan said...

This is really cool and I have never seen anything like it before. Very modern!

chris said...

Would love to see this in person ! Chris Predd

Kelly Young said...

I really love the "wonkiness" of these blocks. It's so interesting!

Wil said...

I like it a lot, especially because the parts focus on different color combinations.

Sylvia said...

I like it!

Esther F. said...

Wonderful project! Love the colours and the pattern. You are a real artist!
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Marie Auclair said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors. Are they scraps or from a fat quarter bundle? Very nice pattern. Can't wait till I can do things like that.

Nina Marie said...

wow - this is great!! Its nice that you got it done so quickly! This series is really progressing.

quilthexle said...

Wow - that was fast ! Great finish - I really like your quilt!

Rachel said...

Nice quilt.

Vivian Helena said...

love your newest, it does not look easy to do. love the colors and combination.

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

Like the finished top even more--lots of movement but some places to rest as well.

Sign up for my studio newsletter