I'm a Finalist!

Brian and I got home from Wisconsin last night.  After a wonderful week filled with sunshine, swimming, beautiful sunsets and good friends, we had a terrible trip home.  Thunderstorms in Dallas forced us to divert to Tyler, Texas.  We sat in the Tyler airport for several hours and then flew to Dallas, arriving 3 hours late.  We dragged ourselves home, arriving about 11 pm.  

I had known, of course, that the notification date for IQF Houston was during our vacation.  And that our friends' vacation cottage is without internet access.  So the first thing I did upon arriving home was cross my fingers, check my e-mail, and look for the acceptance or rejection notices.

I had entered two quilts into the annual International Quilt Festival fall Judged Show in Houston, "Quilts: A World of Beauty" and both are finalists!  I am so excited.  I have entered (and shown) quilts in the special exhibits before (non-judged exhibits) but I had never before entered a quilt into the judged show.  

What wonderful news to come home to!   

Comments

Jaye said…
Wahoo!!!! Congratulations!! I am thrilled for you!!!
Sharon Robinson said…
Congratulations, how exciting!
Quilt or Dye said…
I am thrilled for you!!
Mary Keasler said…
Congratulations. That is fabulous
Maria Shell said…
Congrats Heather! This great news.