Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Really Good Day

Yesterday was a really good day.  I went to the Cowtown Farmer's Market, ran a few errands and worked on the SAQA volunteer booth schedule for International Quilt Festival.  SAQA will have a booth near their exhibits, "People and Portraits" and "Text Messages," and I volunteered to solicit the volunteers to man it.  So if you are a SAQA member, will be attending the show in Houston and would like to volunteer, e-mail me and I'll give you a time slot.

When I sat down at my computer to sift through the volunteers' e-mails, I found one from IQA (International Quilt Association, who run the Houston show) that I had won a cash award for Tuning Fork #11.  I'm a winner!
Tuning Fork #11, 2013
I won't know which award it is until the official awards ceremony, but frankly, I don't care which one it is.  Being a winner at International Quilt Festival is a big deal whichever it is!

Brian and I celebrated both his birthday and my win last night.  It was a wonderful wonderful day!

Whoooo hoooo!

I'm linking this to Nina-Marie Sayer's blog.  Go look at all the cool stuff there!

11 comments:

mad elena said...

Woohoo! You deserve a BIG reward! Congratulations!

Jay said...

You already know how I feel about your win but just want to say it once more!!! Congratulations!!! That is so fantastic...and so deserving!!!

Colleen Kole said...

Oh my- congrats and how wonderful my friend!

Penny Schine Gold said...

How great--congratulations!!

Stitchwhiz said...

Yay Heather! Hope I can get to the show in Houston this year. Still uncertain. Congratulations!

meta said...

Wonderful!

Norma Schlager said...

Congratulations! I love your work. I'm wondering if we are in the same category. I am Art Abstract. Large. How about you?

Heather P said...

Yes we are!

I look forward to seeing you in the Winner's Circle, Ceremony!

Norma Schlager said...

Great! I look forward to meeting you, too and seeing this fabulous quilt in person.

Julia Graber said...

Congratulations! I'm glad for you. I really like your "turning fork" series. I remember some of my uncles using those tuning forks to get the pitch of the songs that we would sing accapella.

LA Paylor said...

This is a big woohoo! I so love your quilt,and look forward to seeing it in person. Maybe we can meet in Houston. Make sure to tell me when you'll be at the saqa booth.
LeeAnna Paylor

Sign up for my studio newsletter