Thursday, October 24, 2013

The last studio day in a while...

I've enjoyed these last couple of days in my studio.  Between Houston and family commitments, I won't have much chance to work for the next two weeks.

The first piece I worked on was for the studioQ color challenge.  We were given color swatches and told to make a piece from only those colors.  Lots of blue, very far out of my usual color palette. It was due at our September 30 meeting, but  had been working on TF#13 and didn't get around to it.  Our next meeting is Monday, so I thought I'd better get to it.  
Look, I made a tuning fork! 16" x 24"
Then I worked on TF#13.  A closeup of the section I've been working on:
I'm linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday, Richard and Tanya's Quilts Link a Finish Friday and Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday.  Go see all the wonderful work there!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Love the colors and design in these two pieces!

A Nudge said...

So bright and colorful.

capitolaquilter said...

Fun improv. I love how things emerge when you look at what might be random placement.

Kris said...

I just love improve so much. I don't usually pick blue either so this is great to see how pretty it can be. Great job.

Sign up for my studio newsletter