Tuning Fork has been on the wall for months. I started it last fall, and it has languished in an unfinished state since Thanksgiving. In the process, since most of it was just sticking to the flannel on my design wall, great bunches of it fell off. In fact, so much was on the floor, that I decided to made some major changes.
Here is a picture of the quilt in late November (before it lost too many pieces):
- I hadn't incorporated any very large pieces or any very teeny tiny pieces. I love to mix sizes, I love the texture it creates, but for some reason there was very little variation in scale.
- The yellow was too uniformly yellow. It needed more golds and orange-yellows.
- I had not graded the background well enough. I needed to make the gradation from dark to medium gray more obvious. And I needed to go a shade lighter at the bottom.
I left parts of it untouched, but I have been making tiny blocks and making "golder" blocks all week.
I'm linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday. Check out all of the quilt art there!