New Work

It took me four long days of sewing, but I've finished Tuning Fork #20.   The top...it isn't quilted yet...
Tuning Fork #20, 30" x 37"
The palette for this quilt is a little different.  For me.  I've never been overly fond of true blues.  I love blue green and blue violet, but plain old blue, well, yawn.  But my fiber art group, studioQ, has a monthly color challenge going this year, and the colors for last month were slightly off white, dark brown, light blue and dark red.  So I based my fabric choices on that palette.

Of course, I couldn't stick with one value of each color.  I tried to stay within the hue, but chose a range of values of each color.  And I'm afraid some slightly orangey red snuck in there as well.

Sometimes working with a prescribed palette, even it contains a color you don't like, can be a good thing.  I think this turned out well.

Comments

Julia Graber said…
And this is a winner too!
Jaye said…
Love it!! But then I am a blue color person! It sounds like you are getting something out of and enjoying our color chip challenge...I know I am!!
Norma Schlager said…
Hard to believe that you did this in four days. It's fabulous!