Monthly meeting -- studioQ

My fiber art group, studioQ, met today.  Being mid-summer, and horrendously hot here in Fort Worth, only 7 of us attended.  And only five of us had finished our pieces for Color Challenge #8.  But what was shown was fabulous!  Here are the five pieces, both fabric and paper, laid out on a table:
I passed out color cards for Color Challenge #9, which will be due at the August meeting.  I can't wait to get started on mine!

We have some odd flowers blooming in the garden right now.  Very inspirational shapes and colors.


I ran across a quote recently that has really resonated with me.  
“A self-respecting artist must not fold his hands on the pretext that he is not in the mood.” – Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
I haven't been in the mood recently.  I've printed this out and stuck it on the bulletin board over my cutting table.  Time to get back to work!

Comments