Hanging around with my fiber art friends

I've had a busy week since I got home from Ohio.  And, lucky for me, two days were spent with some of my favorite friends.

Deborah Bright, our North Texas SAQA rep, arranged a docent tour of the Frank Stella retrospective at the Modern Museum of Fort Worth.  Eighteen members attended, and thoroughly enjoyed our tour with our docent, Dorrie.

This week was also the regular meeting of studioQ, the Fort Worth fiber group.  We met at Bethany's house, and explored our inner child by coloring pre-quilted squares with fabric medium and colored pencils.  It was so much fun!  And only slightly messy.
Today I'm off to New Mexico to attend Susie Monday's Summer Art Camp.  We'll be exploring metalworking, encaustic painting and printmaking techniques.  In the beautiful mountains south of Albuquerque.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Comments

Stitchwhiz said…
I almost attended the Frank Stella exhibit with Jessica. I love your life! Can I follow you around and do all that you do?