2016 -- The Year in 27 Pictures

Cheers on New Year's Eve, 12/31/15!
First Item of Business for the New Year -- Finishing the Salt Marsh Near First Encounter Beach.
The Finished Quilt.
At Kyra's new house in Round Rock in February.  For some reason, I only took pictures of food....
The Pitons on St. Lucia in March.  We spent a wonderful week in a wonderful place with some wonderful friends!
Our house on St. Lucia was AMAZING!
The SAQA conference in Philadelphia in April.  The Texas Contingent.
And with Maria Shell, the dear friend who convinced me to give a Pecha Kucha talk at the conference.
I'm glad she did -- it was a BLAST!
At the Crow Barn in Baltimore, Ohio, in June for a Master Class
And while at the Barn, I got to spend time with my brother and sister-in-law
In June, I attended Susie Monday's Art Camp in New Mexico
This little fellow was NOT one of the campers. 
I spent the week working with metal.  It was fabulous! 
I had a solo show in Fort Worth
And I went to Muskegon in August for the opening of Circular Abstractions at the Muskegon Museum of Art 
My piece, Orbital Plane, is on the right side of the back wall
We went to the Keewenah Peninsula in Michigan in September to see copper mines.
And we even got to tour one.
After the mines, we visited friends in the northern part of Wisconsin.  And had some lovely cruises. 
And spent quality time on their deck looking out over the lake.
We spent a week on Cape Cod with Pop in September.
VIDA started producing scarves and tote bags based on some of my quilts. 
I visited Janet and her family in Arkansas in October
In November, I attended International Quilt Festival in Houston, where I won a first place for the Salt Marsh Near First Encounter Beach.  
We spent Thanksgiving in Evergreen, Colorado, with dear friends.
And we had our family here in Fort Worth for Christmas.
All in all, a wonderful year!

Comments

Jaye said…
Happy New Year, my friend! I hope 2017 will be just has good for you as this year has been if not even better!
Norma Schlager said…
Happy New Year, Heather! I loved walking thru your year with you.
Stitchwhiz said…
Wonderful photo report of your year! Peace and love to you in 2017.