Escapades in Fiber!

The Dallas Area Fiber Artists annual show, Escapades in Fiber, has been on display during the month of March at the CC Young Center in Dallas.  Monday was the closing and the awards ceremony. It was a fabulous show, including wearable art, vessels, weavings, dolls, screened hangings and, of course, quilts.  I  look forward to it every year, and I am always excited to be a part of it.
A few of my favorite entries this year included:
Needing Direction by Jules Rushing, which won Best of Show
Santa Fe Sunrise by Adriana Comini
Flame by Debbie Snider
Taking No Flak by Lu Peters
My Favorite Things by Beth Swider
Photosynthesis by Carolyn Skei, which won first place
Fly By Night by Traci Hutton
I had three pieces juried into the show this year.  By the River (Tuning Fork #39) received an award for Outstanding Use of Color.
By the River (TF #39), Heather Pregger © 2017

Comments