A Day at the Plano Quilt Show

Rhonda and I spent last Friday at Quilt Plano 2019.  And had a thoroughly wonderful day!

The Plano guild puts on a very good show.  Over 300 quilts were on display.  Here are a few that caught my eye:

Coneflower by Michelle Walker.  It reminded me of my newly renovated front garden:
Twisty by Chelsea Massie.  I think this was my favorite quilt in the show.  If you look closely, you can see that she used a black and white pebble fabric as her background.  I thought the effect was pretty stunning:
The Best of Show was Dream's Garden by Sun Mee Seen, who can be seen on the right below:
Karen by Judy Beskow honored Karen Nyberg, the astronaut quilter:
Clambake by Concetta Boscardin was constructed of Chinese and Japanese silks, satins and brocades:
Another one of my favorites, Atomic Starburst by Lora Johnson;
Have of Cup of Coffee by Diana Florence was very witty.  I agree with this sentiment in particular:
Winter Comfort by Patti Griffith was constructed of flannel.  Looked like a great quilt for a cold evening:
I apparently have an owl problem.  I can't resist them.  This is Owlivia by Dolores Williams:
This is a closeup of Whoops a Daisy by Janice Bentley.  Isn't the quilting fabulous?!
I love Judy Kriehn's work!  This is Moe Dog!
We topped off the day with lunch at our favorite tea room, The Chocolate Angel, and a bit of quilt shop hopping.  Stitched with Love and Quilt Country were more or less on the way home.   Sort of.....

Comments