Houston International Quilt Festival -- a Few Quilts I Really Liked

There were five hundred-plus quilts hanging at the Houston International Quilt Festival.  Several hundred in the judged show and the rest in the special exhibits.  I wandered around with my camera and these were a few of the quilts that caught my eye.  Just a few.....

Jubilation by Ellen Lindner:
Everything All at Once by Maria Shell:
Screen Test by Nancy Goodman:
Verde by Mimi Ghauri-Young:
Boogie Wonderland by Sharon Casey:
 Urban Trek by Heather Black:
 Kilauea by Helena Scheffer (best of show at Chicago Quilt Festival):
Colour, Shape and Movement by Pat Forster:
Swim Team by Betty Busby:
 Sometimes It Snows by Alicia Sterna:
 Late October by Monika Von Hoerde:
 15 Warthogs by Marilyn Smith (won both a Judge's Choice ribbon and Viewers' Choice):
Barn Doors by Amy Pabst.  Amy had a solo exhibit of her fabulous log cabin quilts.  Pieced with solids and prints:
There were many, many beautiful quilts.  Too many to show here.  I hope you've enjoyed this brief survey...

Comments

Margaret said…
Wonderful collection! I love the vibrant coloured ones, and am in awe of Ms. Pabst's work. I saw an interview clip of her with Ricky Tims on the TQS blog. Wow!
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the lovely sample of quilts @ Houston.