Fresh Ideas 2020

Fresh Ideas 2020

Visual Art League of Lewisville

Medical City Lewisville Grand Theatre Art Gallery
July 18 - August 15 2020
100 N. Charles Street, Lewisville


I am very excited to tell you all that I have three pieces in an upcoming all-media show.  Fresh Ideas 2020 will feature Shock Melt, Beneath the Surface and A Piece of the Action.  I'm also excited that four good friends also have quilts in the show.  Barbara Oliver Hartman, Karen Stone, Kerri Green and Deborah Boschert all were accepted.  In all, the five of us will be showing 12 quilts.  Such wonderful representation for fiber/quilt art!

On Tuesday, the five of us delivered out pieces and hung our work.  I hadn't seen these friends (except on Zoom) since the start of the pandemic, and it was a treat to see their smiling faces.  At least, I assumed they were smiling.  We were all wearing masks and maintaining social distancing.

Below, a picture of Shock Melt and several shots taken while we were hanging the quilts.  

It is always a great feeling to be accepted into an art show (as opposed to a quilt show).  And I think the five of us represent our medium very well!

Comments

Maria Shell said…
I look forward to seeing the show when it is up (virtually that is). Congrats to all of you!