Saturday, May 15, 2010

Nancy Crow "Sets and Variables" class

I just got home from Ohio, after a wonderful week at the Barn. I was taking "Sets and Variables" from Nancy Crow. It was an intensive design class, and as a result, I'm exhausted!

The first project was very small. It will be 7-1/2" x 15" when the two sections are joined. Or larger if I decide to make more sections.

This is the final piece, designed during the third exercise. Not entirely successful, but I wanted to play with yellow-green and grays/neutrals.

I have never used much gray in my quilts. I found to my surprise that I liked the way it made the other colors sparkle.

I think my best piece was this, pieced during the second exercise.

Nancy suggested I lengthen it by 10", so I will be working on that after I recover from my upcoming surgery.

It was a wonderful week, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It was tough but very stimulating, and I've come home with my head whirling. Now it's time to get to work!

1 comment:

mad elena said...

You do such wonderful work! Great having you in class. Hope your surgery was successful and you are recovering well.
Ellen

Sign up for my studio newsletter