Home from Saint Thomas

Brian and I just spent a week in St. Thomas with our friends from Colorado. It was fabulous. The water was warm and clear and the most beautiful turquoise blue I've ever seen:

We spent one day sailing, with a midday stop for snorkeling:

Together we rented a villa on a cliff above the sea:

We spent every day at a different beach, some on St. Thomas, some on St. John. This is Lindquist beach on St. Thomas:

Our villa had a deck overlooking the sea. The view was amazing, and this century plant added a splash of yellow:

We had some great happy hours on that deck! There was always a lovely breeze, pelicans and frigate birds soaring overhead, hummingbirds (during the day) and fruit bats (at night) feeding on the century plant, the waves crashing on the rocks below....it was a beautiful place!

Elena and I saw several green sea turtles feeding on sea grass while snorkeling at Maho beach on St. John. She and I are both turtle lovers, so we were pretty excited:

Our villa came with several friendly iguanas. Two spent their days sunning on our roof: some basked on the rocks below the villa. They all loved bananas:

The bougainvillea was everywhere. I wish my bougainvillea would grow half as well:

Brian and I took underwater shots with 35 mm film. I'll post a few when we get them back.

Comments

Lynn Douglass said…
What a beautiful place to enjoy some time with your hubby! I look forward to seeing the underwater shots you took!