Standing Stones #1

I am taking "Working in a Series" with Elizabeth Barton through Quilt University.  For my series, I chose the theme of standing stones.  I found a picture of Callanish standing stones in Scotland, and "abstracted it."  

SS #1, 22" x 18"
It took me two days to construct this little quilt.  It was rather fun after finishing several very fussy tuning fork quilts.  And I can see (in my head) what the next quilt in the series should be.

Elizabeth's class is wonderful.  She is a thorough and attentive teacher.  I've ordered her book, which is an expanded version of the class, and can't wait to receive it.

I've linked this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday

Comments

Nina Marie said…
well you know I love Elizabeth's class too - I took this one twice - once in person - once online and got a ton out of it. I gotta get through the lilies but can't wait to get back to my cross series! This is coming great - can't wait to see your series develop!
Hi, Heather. This is indeed a lovely piece. Your choice of colors is very interesting and your use of lights and darks is very effective.
best, nadia
Gurli said…
Interesting and lovely.
Right now i am waiting for mail with Elizabeth Barton's new book.