Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Yippee!

I just received notice that "String Theory" has been accepted into Quilt Visions 2014: the Sky's the Limit.  I am beyond thrilled!
String Theory
 Last week I found out that "Tuning Fork #6" was accepted to Form Not Function at the Carnegie Center for the Arts.  Once again, I am beyond thrilled!
Tuning Fork #6
This has been a very very good month.  Personally and professionally.  And I am one very happy woman.

Checklist for the month:
  • Started a Master Class with Lisa Call.  Lisa is a wonderful artist and a terrific teacher, and I'm hoping that her guidance will help push me to the next level as a quilt artist.
  • Lost 7 pounds.  Feeling great, though I have a long way to go.
  • Won three ribbons at the Dallas Quilt Celebration.
  • Received notice that three of my quilts were accepted into the DAFA show, "The Fine Art of Fiber"
  • Played some really good bridge
  • Saw some friends I hadn't seen in a while, and spent time with some of my favorite people
  • Made significant progress on the "Monster" aka "Tuning Fork #13".  Fingers crossed, the top may be finished by Friday.  And I don't hate it anymore.
  • Had a FABULOUS St. Patrick's Day!
Not that February was any slouch of a month.  It was pretty darn good, ending with my acceptance letter from the American Quilter's Society show in Paducah.  Tuning Fork #12 will be heading to Kentucky next week!

Tuning Fork #12

I'm linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday, Friday Fabric Frenzy and Confessions of a Fiber Addict.  Go see all the wonderful work there!

9 comments:

Penny Schine Gold said...

Heather, what a great roll you are on! Your focus and hard work are really paying off. Congratulations!

Heather P said...

Thank you, Penny!

Julia Graber said...

I'm rejoicing with you. You have reason to be thrilled. Congratulations!

Hilary Florence said...

Congratulations - what a list of achievements! I have to say I love your style of piecing and quilting. I really enjoyed whichever tuning fork quilt I saw a month or so back, but I love this one too!

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

Congratulations, that is really exciting! And I have to say that Tuning Fork #6 is absolutely stunning! :)

diane quilts said...

Your works are stunning! Tuning Fork #12 is truly inspirational ~ I'm going to start following you for more!

Naomi said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you had a really great month.

deborah wolff said...

Congratulations!

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

Congrats on all your successes!

Sign up for my studio newsletter