A Couple of Meetings and Some New Work

These last few weeks were full of connections.  Connections to friends and fellow quilt artists.  It started with a very helpful critique session.  I brought along Orbital Plane #1 for discussion:
The next day was the North Texas SAQA Circle meeting.  Carolyn Skei showed us a lot of apps that can be used on an iPad or tablet to draw and/or to manipulate a photograph.  It was fascinating:
But my favorite meeting of minds was our monthly NTAQ meeting.  It was at Kerri's house and she demonstrated her favorite piecing method, part two.  We had part one of the lesson at our retreat in July.  She added a layer of complication:
We drafted patterns on tissue paper and cut out templates:
We sewed our pieces together at home.  This is mine:
I put it with the two blocks I made during the retreat:
And decided they would work together.  So I made a fourth and put the four together:
I may call this Orbital Plane #2.  What do you think?

Comments