The Blue Wall

I am really enjoying my limited palette this month.  It has been a challenge these last two weeks to work from the same pile of fabrics, but I think the results have been interesting.  And, since I've had houseguests for the last 4+ weeks, I really haven't had the concentration to do so-called serious work. The pre-determined palette has allowed me to snatch the odd hour or two in the studio, sew a bit, and return to my hostess duties.  In a way, it has allowed me to keep on an even keel.

After two weeks, my blue wall looks like this:
Two Subdivisions pieces (top and center right) and two "Bouquet" pieces.  I'm rather enjoying the Bouquet series, and I think I need to explore it further.  And I am happy with the Subdivisions series pieces.  Given the constraints on my palette, my time and my energy level, I think it's a good amount of work for the first two weeks of 2016.

The teeny blue Subdivisions piece (Sub #15) evolved today from this:
To this:
In the process, it became a much smaller piece.  Something like 15" tall by 7" wide.  But I think it is a stronger piece.  So I think I will leave it as it is, except for the quilting, of course.

Speaking of quilting, I spent 4 days quilting the Marsh quilt (Tuning Fork #29).  I'm very pleased with it:
The Salt Marsh Near First Encounter Beach, 61" w x 64" h
It needs a final trim (I straightened it, but apparently not very well.  You can see in the photo that the left side is wobbly) and the finishing hand work, and it will be ready to venture forth into the world.

I'm linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall FridayFriday Fabric FrenzyConfessions of a Fiber Addict and Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday.  Go see all the wonderful work there!

Comments

I'm loving the new direction you've taken with your work. So much movement.
Maggi said…
I'm really liking the new work and the Marsh quilt is so effective.
Paige said…
Nice blocks and love the marsh quilt!
Norma Schlager said…
Your new work is exciting, but oh, how I love that lime green in your marsh quilt.
I jumped here from Can I Get a Whoop Whoop because of the strength of your beautiful work. Lovely photos, and yes, the second piece is stronger now with the changes. Awesome!
Kaja said…
I like all your blues, absolutely love the Marsh quilt: you have really captured a sense of place and atmosphere.
Regina B Dunn said…
I think the Salt Marsh is one of my favorites of yours. It's so alive and the change you made to the other work did give it a stronger feel.
Linda M said…
Love the green in the 'Marsh" quilt. I'm only familiar with the tuning fork series so it's fascinating to see your other work.
Vivien Zepf said…
Really love the marsh quilt -- can you please post details of the quilting and handwork?