I'm off to Japan this weekend!

I'm very excited!  I'm heading to Japan this weekend for a tour with Melissa Sobotka.  It is going to be fabulous!

Brian and I went to Japan with my brother-in-law in 2014.  Bruce was in love with Japanese culture and food and had been to Japan many times.  He was the perfect tour guide.  And he had amassed a large collection of Japanese antiques and art.  I loved his dining room with the tatami mat and traditional Japanese table and chairs.  We had many wonderful meals in that room!
He loved and collected Japanese art and furniture:
And he planted quite a few Japanese maples in his yard:
My own kitchen has a bit of Japanese flair: 
And Brian and I often cook Japanese-inspired meals.  First visiting the local Mitsuwa Marketplace:
A trip to Mitsuwa always includes lunch at one of the Japanese restaurants there:
Shopping there is so fun.  Brian came home with 5 types of mushrooms last weekend.  They were delicious!
My Japanese trip is a fiber focussed tour, and several of my friends are going.  It's going to be fabulous!  I can't wait to tell you all about it.

Comments

Maria Shell said…
Safe travels! It will be great!
Anonymous said…
Have a wonderful trip!