This has been a productive week. I finished piecing a very large mineral series quilt (it is 57" x 80" unquilted) on Tuesday. So, for the first time in several months, I had an empty design wall.
Of course, I do have a very small pile of unquilted tops. Just eight or so. Ranging in size from my SAQA Benefit Auction quilt (12" x 12") to my newly finished Tiger Eye quilt (57" x 80").
I went into the studio yesterday morning with every intention of loading a few small quilts on the longarm and quilting them. I estimated I could finish at least three of them in one day. After all, they are small.
But the blank design wall was very distracting. All of that glaring white. I decided I'd just take an hour or so and cover a bit of it up. Just so I could concentrate on quilting.
And coincidentally, I had a small pile of fabric from the NTAQ scrap bag challenge. Evil person that I am, I had sorted my scrap bag into eight piles. At the last meeting I gave each member a pile and told them to make something with the scraps. Restrictions: the piece must be at least 12" x 12" and one dark fabric and one light fabric could be added. I added an espresso brown and a very light teal to my pile.
I started by making some Tuning Fork parts. Forklets, if you will:
I started placing them on the board. Hmmm. Looking good, I think. I like the green/teal/red violet/gold color palette.
And secondly, I had just created Tuning Fork #50! Fifty! I can't believe I've made that many Tuning Fork quilts! Here is the page from my sketchbook
I'm linking this post with Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday, Confessions of a Fiber Addict and Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday. Go see all the wonderful work there!