Journal Making class -- Journal #1

I'm taking an online class from Sue Bleiweiss on Journal Making. It's so much fun!

For my first journal I used some of my hand-dyed fabric on the outside cover and embellished the closure with a very rusty washer (I love rusting things!). The inside lining is a commercial batik. I carved several stamps in leaf shapes and used them to embellish some of the inside pages, and also washed some watercolor paper with orange, yellow and brown.
I had so much fun making this journal that I plan to make two more today to give as gifts this month!

Comments

Heather, they're just beautiful! Can't wait to see more of your work. Your fabric is gorgeous. Don't you just love this class?
Hi Heather--
I really like your Journal #1. The rusty washer is perfect with that hand dyed fabric!

Michele at Sweet Leaf