Poor neglected blog!

I have been camera-less for the last few weeks, so I have neglected my poor blog. It just doesn't seem right to post without pictures. But that doesn't mean that I haven't been busy. Oh no, on the contrary, I have been frantically busy. Trying to fit in personal work among the client machine quilting. Trying to work in the garden. Spending time with friends. Working on quilt guild projects. Playing bridge. Something had to give, and it seems to have been my blog.

I have asked Brian for a new camera for my birthday later this month, so stay tuned. I have finished several fiber art pieces and I have been dyeing silk. I can't wait to post pictures of everything that I have done!

I have also signed up to take a shibori class from Jan Meyer Newberry at the Crow Barn next month. I certainly need to have a camera for that! I can't wait until I am back in the dye rooms at Nancy Crow's wonderful facility. Her "wet studio" is fabulous! The class, "Depth of Field Shibori," involves layered dyeing as well as piecing. I am very excited!

This week the Fort Worth Bridge Studio is hosting the Regional ACBL tournament at the Omni Hotel in downtown Fort Worth. Ann and I have played twice, and came in second one evening and first the other. In our stratified class, of course. We're still pretty low on the Master Points toten pole. But we played well, and it was certainly a lot of fun! We play again at the wrap up team game on Monday.

Let's see, what else have I been up to. studioQ met at my house on Monday. We had a great time as always and all showed our latest works in progress. I get a great deal of inspiration from those wonderful ladies, and the meetings are always a delight.

Brian's birthday was Wednesday, and we had a lovely evening. We went out for Indian food (his favorite) and then came home and opened his presents. Happy Birthday, Brian! I love you!

Comments