Palettes

This is the palette for Tuning Fork #22, which I've been piecing for the last month:
A bit murky, very dark....how can I make anything interesting out of these fabrics?  Well, wait and see!

But, as I said, it is a very dark palette.  And I LOVE color.  Bright colors, especially those on the warm side of the color wheel.  So when it my turn came to pick a palette for the studioQ monthly color challenge, I decided to look for an inspiration photo with lots of the colors I love.  Here it is:
 And here is the palette I've chosen to make my piece with:
I pass out color swatches on Monday to my fellow fiber artists in studioQ.  On Tuesday or Wednesday, I should finish piecing TF #22 (I'm oh so close) and then I will plunge myself into this bright, and I think delicious, palette.  Can't wait!

I've linked this post to Nina-Marie's "Off the Wall Friday" and "Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?" Go see all the beautiful work posted there!

Comments

jeifner said…
The darker tones remind me of the oakshott moonlight or lipari bundles. I see so much possibility with subtle variation of tone/value. And of course the brights are pretty as well :)
Norma Schlager said…
I love your new palette and I am currently working on something in similar colors. Check out my blog.
http://notesfromnorma.blogspot.com/2014/07/a-whole-new-palette.html
Love your Houston piece. I'll look for it when I'm there. Just made my plane reservations.
Heather Pregger said…
The Oakshott fabrics are gorgeous. But hard to find in the US. But my dark palette is actually very rich and I think my piece looks a bit like murky water, with glints of brighter colors in the depths. Doesn't sound too romantic, does it? But I'm very happy with the way it is turning out.

Norma! I'll be in Houston -- mostly at the SAQA booth. See you there!
LA Paylor said…
oh yes, delicious!

You are so deep into your series aren't you. I don't know about the challenge you mentioned but those colors are exactly the photo colors.
The yellows...
leeAnna Paylor