Subdivisions #3 - Taking a Mulligan

The Wikipedia entry for Mulligan is as follows: "In golf, a mulligan is a stroke that is replayed from the spot of the previous stroke without penalty, due to an errant shot made on the previous stroke. The result is, as the hole is played and scored, as if the first errant shot had never been made. This practice is disallowed entirely by strict rules and players who attempt it or agree to let it happen may be disqualified from sanctioned competitions. However, in casual play, mulligans speed play by reducing the time spent searching for a lost ball, and reduce frustration and increase enjoyment of the game, as a player can "shake off" a bad shot more easily with their second chance."

No strict rules here.  After all, this is art quilting.  Creation involves a certain amount of rule-bending.  So, in order to reduce my frustration and to increase my enjoyment of the art, I have decided to "shake off" Subdivisions #2 by starting an entirely new piece.

Here is Subdivisions #3 in progress.  
It is in the very preliminary stages, in chunks on the design wall.  An improvement?  Time will tell.  

I've linked this post to Nina-Marie's "Off the Wall Friday" and "Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?" Go see all the beautiful work posted there!

Comments

Claire said…
Yep. Sometimes there is nothing to do but start over. This is looking good so far!

And of course when you return to the first one, it might look better too.
Hilary Florence said…
Great colours - this one is going to be a stunner!
Kaja said…
I too love your colours. When you move on, do your return to reject pieces? I usually cut them up and incorporate in other work.
Heather Pregger said…
Kaja, I sometimes do. With this piece, I decided to make it a part of a larger piece using the same palette.

Of course, sometimes my rejects just accumulate in a pile under my cutting table.....