New work that I can actually show!

am in Austin to see QuiltCon.  And to visit my closest friend, Kyra.  And I have to tell you, it's been a wonderful week.  Not only was it a fabulous show, but I had the opportunity to work a bit while Kyra was at work.  And I managed to finish a small (finished size 10" x 14") piece that I needed to make for a show in April.  At least the top is complete.  I'm very happy with it, and so is Kyra's sock monkey.  He knows a good art quilt when he sees it!
I spent two days at the show (more about that in my next post) and two days sewing.  I finished my small tuning fork and then started to play.  Here is the start of my new improvisational piece:
Because of the ice storm in Fort Worth I won't be heading home tomorrow.  But how can that be bad?  More time to spend with my best friend and more time to sew.  Sounds great to me!

Comments