FOCUS: Fiber

The Dallas Area Fiber Artist annual show,  FOCUS: Fiber, has been hanging at the Point, the center for arts and education on the campus of CC Young in Dallas, for the past month.  Last night was the closing ceremony and awards presentation.

I had two quilts in the show.  Tuning Fork #19 and Subdivisions #9.  Here is TF #19.  To it's right is a gorgeous piece by Sherrie Tootle.   
 A closeup of TF #19:
 A closeup of Sub #9:
 I love the DAFA show.  It is full of every type of fiber art -- weaving, knitting, crochet, clothing, paper collage, dolls, felted vessels.  Wonderful stuff!  Here are two pieces by Debbie Snider:
 And a piece I absolutely loved by Gay Young:
 The juror and judge was Julio Suarez, a local artist and art educator.  And I was honored to receive the 1st place award for Subdivisions #9.
Thanks, Rhonda, for taking a picture of me receiving the award!  And for going to Dallas with me on a very stormy night!

The show is down now, but photos of all of the pieces will soon be on the DAFA website.  You can also see work from the past several shows here.  It's worth a look.  It's a very talented group and I am proud to be a member!

Comments