studioQ!

Lately I've been pondering the importance of a support group.  A group of people who share similar viewpoints, similar talents, similar, well, addictions (in our case an addiction to fiber).  A group of people who can offer advice when you need it, who can offer praise when it's called for, and who can occasionally pat you on the head and tell you that it's going to be ok.

I'm lucky enough to belong to such a group.  The Fort Worth fiber art group, studioQ.

When I moved to Fort Worth and decided to become a full time studio artist, I felt the need for a support group.  A group to hang out with, to share with and to learn with. Fort Worth is the home of two traditional quilt guilds, but did not have any fiber art groups.

And then I met Jay and Rhonda.  Jay is an artist who works in fiber.  Rhonda was at that time a traditional quilter who wanted to become an art quilter. Perfect!  We decided to put an ad in the quilt guild newsletter to see if there were any other fiber artists out there.  We held a meeting at my house and studioQ was born.

studioQ has been a fabulous group.  We get together each month, we share techniques, we critique each other's work, we challenge each other to become better artists.  I don't know what I'd do without them.

We met for lunch last week to celebrate the holidays.  I can't wait to see what 2016 brings!

Comments

Jaye said…
Great blog, Heather! I so agree with you!
Anonymous said…
I need to form Studio R!

Deborah Bright
Maria Shell said…
Food, fiber, and friends--It doesn't get much better than that. Happy Holidays dear Heather!