The Palette of the Month for February was (drum roll please....):

White.  With a few primary colors.  Whoa, don't let the excitement get out of hand!

I was inspired by a piece by Piet Mondrian hanging in the Kimbell Art Museum here in Fort Worth.  You can see it by clicking here.  The painting was chosen as our monthly challenge piece for studioQ, in which we were to be inspired (not too literally) by a more or less famous piece of art.  Mondrian is very distinctive, both in palette and in style, and it was interesting to see how people handled the challenge.  You can see the results (minus mine -- I didn't get to go to the meeting) on Jay's blog.

This is my piece.  A friend named it "T" with Piet (Tuning Fork #30):
"T" with Piet, approximately 20" x 30"
I rather liked the palette.  So I decided to adopt it as my Official Palette for February (the FebPal).

I've primarily spent the month of February working on a large piece based on a picture of Helsinki Harbor.  But I've managed to make two more small FebPal pieces.

The first is a small tuning fork, #31.  After quilting it will be 12" x 12".  It is my donation to the SAQA Benefit Auction, held in September.
Tuning Fork #32, 12" x 12"
I also made a small piece.  It's rather aggressively vertical.
No title yet, and it is approximately 14" wide by 29" long.

One last piece is in progress.  No pictures yet.  And then it's time to move on to the Official Palette for March (the MarPal).  Which of course must include green....

Comments

Jaye said…
Very cool! I'm working on studioQ...Caillebotte's ...this morning!