It's Hogmanay Again!

Robert Callander, Gordon Blair (my dad) and (?), April  3, 1968, Cleveland, Ohio
Last year, I wrote a post about Hogmanay, the Scottish traditional New Year's Eve celebration.  If you don't remember, or if you are new to my blog, you can read it here.  But briefly, let me just say that Hogmanay is the big blow-out party night in Scotland, and it is much more boisterous than Christmas or indeed any other holiday party held during the year.  A big, messy, happy, loud, raucous, noisy party indeed.

My father, who was Scottish, was always up for a big Hogmanay party.  We always hosted it at our house, and as the evening progressed, the party became increasingly noisy.  When we were children, Andrew and I would be sent to bed that night to the sounds of a great deal of hilarity. It certainly sounded like they were having fun.

I wish you all, Happy Hogmanay!  May 2017 be a great year for us all!




Comments

Jaye said…
Happy Hogmanay to you too, Heather. I'm sorry to read about your aunt 's passing. Let us look to the new year with optimism and hope!