I've written an article for Quilting Arts Magazine! It's in the October/November 2018 issue!

I just received advance copies of the next issue of Quilting Arts Magazine.  My article, "Inspiration vs. Emulation" is in the issue!
The article begins on page 10.  That's my "Pods" quilt on the Table of Contents page:
It is based on the challenges I do with NTAQ, my local art quilt group.  I included quilts by Andrea Dodds, Jaye Dodds and Wendy Hook as examples of quilts that were inspired by existing works of art.  Andrea's quilt is on the bottom left, Jaye's is on the top right:
The quilt on the bottom left is by Wendy Hook.  The other two are mine:
"Pods," "By the River," and "Beneath the Surface" are three quilts I made that were inspired by the art of Modigliani, Capogrossi and Susie Monday.  I've written about the making of the quilts and the paintings and quilt that inspired them in earlier posts:
I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have been asked to write an article for such an amazing publication.  And how exciting it is to see the article in the magazine!  All I can say is, "Wooooo Hoooooo!"

Comments

Norma Schlager said…
How exciting! Can't wait to see it.
piecefulwendy said…
Congratulations! I enjoy seeing your work, so I'll have to pick up a copy.
Louise said…
Oh, wow! Congratulations! I'll have to look for this magazine locally :)
Hi Heather, I'm really looking forward to reading it! Congrats.