It's an NTAQ Christmas!

I've been pondering the importance of a support group.  A group of people who share similar viewpoints, similar talents, and similar addictions (in our case an addiction to fiber).  A group of people who can offer advice when you need it, who can offer praise when it's called for, and who can occasionally pat you on the head and tell you that it's going to be ok.

I'm lucky enough to belong to such a group.  The Fort Worth fiber art group, NTAQ.

When I moved to Fort Worth and decided to become a full time studio quilt artist, I felt the need for a support group.  A group to hang out with, to share with and to learn with. Fort Worth is the home of two traditional quilt guilds and a branch of the Modern Quilt Guild, but there were no existing art quilt groups.

It can be very lonely in the studio, don't you agree?  I needed a peer/support group.

And then I met Jaye and Rhonda.  Jaye is an artist who works in fiber.  Rhonda was at that time a traditional quilter who wanted to become an art quilter. Perfect!  Together we started a group, first called studioQ and later evolving into NTAQ, and we've been going strong ever since.

NTAQ is a fabulous group.  We get together each month, we share techniques, we critique each other's work, we challenge each other to become better artists.  I don't know what I'd do without them.

We met for lunch yesterday to celebrate the holidays.  And to discuss our goals for 2019.  I can't wait to see what the new year brings!



Comments

LA Paylor said…
lucky lucky you! I have recently found an art quilt group like yours... I think they will turn into a support group to help each other through the hard times, and although we don't really know each other well yet, (12 of us) one of them looked at me today and said I was so kind and thoughtful.

It was like a gift I didn't have to unwrap. It's been a while since someone just handed me love like that. I hope it grows... I'll do my part.

I am very much enjoying getting to know you better too, through these 31 days of posts. These are the connections even across miles, that make life better, n'est pas?