The best laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft a-gley


From "To a Mouse" by Robert Burns:

But, Mousie, thou art no thy lane [you aren't alone
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft a-gley, [often go awry
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promised joy.

I had good intentions, honestly I did.  But after spending Sunday morning cleaning the house, I spent the afternoon on the sofa, knitting and watching football.  

So instead of this:
I have this (but please note that I bought a poinsettia from the local boy scout troop.  That counts, right?):
And my afternoon produced this (full disclosure -- I only got a couple of inches done yesterday):
I did manage to put up one decoration:
But I do have a clean house.  That's a step in the right direction!

Comments

LA Paylor said…
what a pretty room! And there's nothing wrong with taking your time, one decoration a day like an advent calendar!
Anonymous said…
Your house is so beautiful....you don't need decorations! Just remember..."And there's a hand, my trusty fiere ! and gie's a hand o' thine ! And we'll tak a right gude-willy waught, for auld lang syne." Merry December!
Heather Pregger said…
Anonymous, I love it! Merry December to you, as well!