The Pantone Color of the Year is Living Coral!

Pantone announced it's "color of the year" for 2019 several weeks ago.  It is "Living Coral," a light peachy orange shade.  The company describes it as "sociable and spirited" and declares that it "encourages light-hearted activity."

B and I love to snorkel.  But I can't remember ever seeing coral that color.   So I decided to look at some of our old vacation pics.  Because if I had seen that beautiful color in the reef, I would certainly have photographed it.

Now, I am not an expert on coral.  And I've only snorkeled in the Caribbean, so my selection of coral species is limited.  But these are some of the corals I've seen and photographed:




Not a "living coral" color in the bunch.   We may have to broaden our snorkeling experience!

Comments

LA Paylor said…
I've never been as excited by a color. I love coral. A deep pinky orange color. For a while I was purple, then red, on to turquoise now coral. I have a couple summer coral clothing pieces. Saw a coral jacket yesterday at Anthropologie!
Leeanna
Louise said…
We scuba dive, and I've also never seen that color of coral. But it is beautiful, and versatile in the quilting world. I love using oranges and turquoises in children's quilts to keep them bright and gender neutral :)
Vera Holmgren said…
Marvellous pictures, how wonderful to be scuba diving in those surroundings!