I had an exciting weekend in Lubbock with the Caprock Art Quilters!

I spent three days last week in Lubbock, Texas, teaching "From Inspiration to Abstraction."   
I love Lubbock.  It's a small city, easy to navigate, and has a thriving arts scene.  And it is the home of the Caprock Art Quilters, a strong group of artists who live in West Texas and Eastern New Mexico.   

The class was held in a classroom at the Museum of Texas Tech University.  On the balcony outside our class room we had a wonderful view of the dinosaur exhibit.
We started with several small pieces inspired by artwork that I had chosen.  A Van Gogh sunflower painting:
 And  a painting by Joan Miro:
Aren't these small pieces fabulous?  I knew at that point that I was working with a very talented group of artists.

After our "warm-up", the group started working on their big pieces.  I had asked them to bring a picture of an artwork that inspired them.  They jumped right in and got to work:
And the pieces they made, every one of them, were AMAZING!
What a wonderful group!  I came home energized and excited.

For more information about my classes, please click HERE.  I love to teach and I would love to visit your group!

Comments

Unknown said…
What a wonderful, exciting, and inspiring workshop it was! So much fun! Thank you so much for coming to push us out of our comfort zones and into inspiration.
Cinde Ebeling said…
Honestly, we the gals of CAQ, had a tremendous time of learning, reflection, challenges, stretching, and fun...fun...fun ...with Heather! What a wonderful, inspiring and encouraging teacher and artist you are Heather!!
So thankful I got to be a part of this experience, and made some newer and closer friends in the mix of it! Heather is so enlightening!!
Donniece Smith said…
Thank you Heather! We really enjoyed the workshop and exercises you led us through. It was one of the most enjoyable times I have ever had in a workshop due to your easy going style and .permission to play. Our creativity blossomed!
Valya said…
I could have stayed even longer. Great energy, great information, great friendship and sharing. Thank you so much, Heather!