Kerri Green at the Madi

Sunday afternoon, Wendy, Rhonda and I headed to the Museum of Geometric and MADI Art (known as the MADI) in Dallas to hear a talk by Kerri Green, a good friend who is their featured artist for March.
I love the MADI.  It is full of the kind of work I love -- abstract, geometric, colorful.....It's always fun to visit.  And it had been a while since I had been there.
It was great to see so many people at her talk.  We ended up sitting near the back, with a slightly obstructed view.  I love the green column, beautiful color, but I didn't love it so much bisecting my view of Kerri and her quilts.
 Kerri was interesting and enlightening.  We thoroughly enjoyed her presentation.
And then we went to Mariano's Hacienda for dinner and maybe a few too many margaritas.  But, man, they were good margaritas, and it was fun to chat with Kerri and her friends and family.
Kerri's quilt, Prometheus, will be on view for the month of March in the main gallery.  You can see more of Kerri's work on her website, https://kerrigreenartquilts.squarespace.com

Comments

Maria Shell said…
YEAH for Kerri! What a great event.