Shock Melt and Tiger's Eye are going to Houston!

In 2018, I sat down on my computer on the last day to enter a quilt in the International Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas.  And promptly found out that I had missed the deadline to enter.  It was just after noon, and entries were only accepted until 12 pm Central.  Rats!

But I learned several things from my mistake:
  • Do not wait to enter an exhibit until the last minute
  • Houston International Quilt Festival is a lot less fun if you don't have a quilt in the judged show.

So this year, I entered weeks before the deadline.  And, lo and behold, two quilts were accepted!

Shock Melt:  I am very pleased with this quilt and it was a blast to sew together.  Honestly, it was.  It will be shown in the Abstract: Small category:
 Tiger's Eye:  Another geological quilt.  This will be in Abstract: Large:
International Quilt Festival will be held from October 31 to November 3 at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas.  See you there!

Comments